When you first moved into your home, it was probably the most beautiful place in the world. But over time, your house will start to gather dust and dirt. This causes your Upholstery Cleaning Geelong to be needed more often than usual. So, how do you know when it’s time for this professional service? Here are five warning signs:
The Visible Stains
- The visible stains are the easiest to spot. These can be caused by such things as food, drinks, or accidental spills. The best thing you can do is clean the stain right away before it has a chance to set in and become permanent or hiring Upholstery Cleaning Geelong experts is the best way to get rid of this stress.
- Don’t rub the stain! Rubbing is not only ineffective but can actually make your upholstery worse than before because it spreads out dirt particles instead of removing them.
- Instead, use a clean cloth and blot at the area until all residue is removed (or if you’re dealing with ink or other difficult-to-remove substances).
A Horrible Stench
If you can’t stand the smell of your furniture, then it’s time to call in a professional.
A foul odour is a sign that your upholstery needs cleaning. Upholstery that smells bad is likely to be contaminated with mould and mildew. This odour can also be caused by pets, especially cats and dogs, who are notorious for marking their territory on furniture as well as shoes and clothing.
If you notice any unusual odours coming from your upholstered surfaces, then it may be time for professional Upholstery Cleaning Geelong cleaning services.
Pet Hair And Dander
Pet hair and dander are common problem for upholstery. Pet hair can be removed with the use of a vacuum, lint brush or lint roller. If you have trouble removing pet hair from your furniture, consult an expert to learn more about how they can help you with this issue.
Dust And Dirt Built-Up
- Dust and dirt build-up is the first sign to look for when determining whether your upholstery needs to be cleaned. When you see dust and dirt building up on the surface of your fabric, that’s a good indication that it should be cleaned. If dust and dirt are taking up residence in your upholstery, it can damage the fibres over time and cause premature wear.
- If you’re unsure about how to clean your furniture yourself or don’t want to put any effort into doing so, consider hiring an expert! There are many professional services available now that will come into your home and clean all of your fabrics with their specialized equipment.
High Traffic Areas
The first area that is likely to show signs of wear and tear is the high-traffic areas.
High-traffic areas are those that are most commonly used in your homes, such as beds and couches.
Over time, these pieces will be exposed to dirt, stains and other debris that can make them look dingy or old.
So, now you have a better idea of what to look for when it comes to your upholstery cleaning. You should also know which signs to avoid and when you need professional help with your cleaning needs. Remember that no matter what, always use caution and do not overuse any kind of cleaner or stain remover!