If you like coffee, you’ve probably thought about buying a new coffee maker. Whether you’re just getting into brewing your own or have been doing it for years, there’s no shortage of options to choose from. The good news is that this means there are also plenty of ways to find the perfect machine for your needs and tastes.
In this article, I’ll walk through five steps for picking out the Best Home Coffee Machine for you: think about what type of coffee drinker (or brewer) you are; decide how much time and effort you want to put into making your morning cup; evaluate your budget; read reviews and talk with friends; then buy from an online vendor that has a good reputation in customer service.
Step 1: Think about your coffee preferences
Before you begin your search for a coffee maker, it’s important to ask yourself some questions about what kind of coffee drinker you are.
- Do you like strong or weak coffee? If you prefer a mild, light brew then go with a drip brewer. If you like it stronger and darker, consider getting an espresso machine instead.
- Do you like espresso? If so, an espresso machine will be right up your alley—but if not, there are other options that might work better for your tastes. This can be especially tricky because different types of beans will yield different results depending on how they’re prepared, so keep that in mind as well!
Step 2: Consider your needs
Now that you’ve figured out what type of coffee maker is right for you, it’s time to think about the practical stuff. This is where things like size and price come into play.
- How big does your coffee maker have to be? Do you need a small single-cup brewer for your morning caffeine kick or something larger so you can make enough for an office full of employees?
- How many people do you drink coffee with every day? If it’s just one other person, then a small drip machine might work fine. But if there are three or four of you in the morning (or more), then look into an automatic drip brewer or even a pour-over system—the latter being my personal go-to when I’m craving that perfect cup of joe: freshness is guaranteed!
- How much counter space do you have where the machine will live? If not enough room is available on your countertop (and we all know how valuable that real estate tends to be), consider getting an under-cabinet model instead—they’re usually pretty compact and easy to secure underneath cabinets and other furniture in kitchens with not enough free space in front of them.
Step 3: Know the pros and cons of different coffee makers
Before you decide on any particular model, you should check out the pros and cons of different coffee makers.
- How much does the machine cost?
- What kind of coffee does it use, and how much does that cost?
- Does it take up a lot of space in your kitchen?
- Is it very noisy when it’s operating?
- Do you have to fill its water tank every few days, or do you have to wait until it runs out before refilling again (which might happen more often if you’re using fresh ground beans rather than pre-ground ones)?
Step 4: Read coffee maker reviews
- Find the right coffee maker for your needs.
- Find the right coffee maker for your budget.
- Find the right coffee maker for your taste (or find a way to enjoy any coffee maker).
- Find the right coffee maker for your kitchen (and lifestyle).
Step 5: Find the best vendor to buy from
Finally, you’ll want to find a vendor who has a good return policy and reputation. A reputable seller will stand behind their products, so if you have any issues with your purchase they should help resolve them.
You should also look at price and selection. You’ll want to get the most value for your money while still maintaining the quality and performance of your coffee maker. In addition to price, it’s important that there are enough options available in terms of size, color, style, and more so that you can choose something that fits well into your decorating scheme or personal preferences.
Similarly, with customer service: finding someone who responds well to questions is critical since there may be times when you need guidance about cleaning or other maintenance tasks related to using certain kinds of machines (or even just using one!).
If you’re thinking about buying a coffee maker, there are a few things to keep in mind. The first is that this appliance will be part of your life for many years to come, so it’s important that you find one that suits your needs and preferences. Second, every product is going to have its advantages and disadvantages—so no matter which machine you choose, there will probably be some pros and cons involved (especially if they’re well-reviewed). Third, by reading reviews from other consumers or experts in the field (like us!) before making any decision.
Thus this was a brief guide on how to choose the Best Home Coffee Machine.